Carolyn A. Killion RPA, CPM,General Manager, Asset Services, Cushman & Wakefield U.S., Inc. has been an BOMA OC member for over three decades! Wow that’s an amazing achievement! Scroll below to read our full interview with Carolyn to learn about her other achievements.
BOMA OC: What company are you with?
Carolyn: Cushman & Wakefield U.S., Inc.
BOMA OC: What services does your company provide?
Carolyn: Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 53,000 employees in 400 offices and 60 countries. In 2019, the firm had revenue of $8.8 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
BOMA OC: What does your BOMA membership mean to you?
Carolyn: A collaborative network of talented individuals that collectively work to provide the best & most current information and experiences for their members, guests and service partners.
BOMA OC: What are three lessons that you have learned the hard way?
- Face Your Fear – Determine why you have a fear and then take steps to over come it. Butterflies and being unsure, when facing a fear, create strength and confidence.
- Change – Embrace the newness and move forward. Only bring the best from the past. Don’t get left behind because “that is the way we have always done it” syndrome.
- Relationships – continue to build your network of friends, co-workers, service partners and stay in touch even if you no longer work together or provide a service. The depth of your relationships will add value to you throughout your career and life
BOMA OC: What are three traits that you admire of your closest mentors?
- Quality – produce the best work/product for yourself, your team, your client, your owner. Don’t cut corners, but rather look for alternate methods or products.
- Customer Service – give your best to each other, to your customers and to your community.
- Tenacity – Carry through. Be open to pursuing your goal(s) using different paths rather than the road well-traveled. Obtain input from others. Different perspectives will create new opportunities for success.
BOMA OC: What is your “personal motto”?
Carolyn: Pause for Success by Reading, Learning, Giving, Being Joyful and Loving what you do. Each of these components brings balance for a successful life.
BOMA OC: What is your proudest moment?
Carolyn: I have several, but two come to mind immediately 1) Winning BOMA’s International TOBY for the Under 100,000 SF category with a building that had no special amenities, features or the cash to provide extras, but the team had heart and the desire to provide our customers with their best all the time. Best People, Best Practices and Best Procedures took the Gold! 2) Seeing my team members grow over the years – take on new responsibilities, except promotions and add their talents to our real estate community. I’m so proud of their accomplishments.