100 Bayview Cir. Suite 2600
Newport Beach CA 92660
Applicants are no longer required to prepare a written binder for the Local competition. The Local competition consists of a property tour and presentation. Once applicant wins at the Local level, an online written submission is required to move on to the Regional competition.
At this workshop, you will learn about:
- Benefits to ownership, asset managers, property managers and building staff.
- How BOMA 360 and LEED can help.
- Building inspection form review and preparation tips.
- Local, regional and international competition guidelines and calendar.
- Tour and portfolio mentorship programs.
What is TOBY?
The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY®) Award is the most prestigious award in commercial real estate.
TOBY Award is the only competition that honors outstanding commercial buildings for excellence in building management and operational efficiency.
All facets of a building’s operations are thoroughly evaluated including its tenant relations, community involvement, emergency preparedness and security procedures, building standards, sustainability, energy management, accessibility and overall exceptional management practices.
BOMA invites you to join its distinguished list of winning buildings by participating in the TOBY Awards competition. Only those properties that win at the local level will be asked to submit a portfolio for the Pacific Southwest Regional competition and Regional winners become finalists for the prestigious BOMA International TOBY® Award presented at the BOMA International Conference.
Why Enter TOBY?
- Retain Tenants – An award that helps you retain tenants? That’s the number one reason to enter the TOBY contest. Yes, tenants are price sensitive and rent is a prime factor in leasing space, but plenty of other issues influence their choice. How they feel about the property – quality and pride of place – counts for a lot. Tenants enjoy being in a building that is recognized as “one of the best.” Just going for a TOBY means you’re going for the gold – in more ways than one!
- Property Recognition – Think your property could be the best in the industry? Get recognized for it! There are a variety of categories from which to choose to enter your property.
- Acknowledgement of Management Team – Pride of ownership and great performance should be recognized. If the management team on a project is the best, then show it! The process of entering builds teamwork and cooperation with service providers and employees who work every day to make a property stand out.
- Accolades for Owners – Like everyone, owners and property management companies want to feel great about the business they are in. Nothing feels greater than being awarded the best in the business!
Member – Principal $0
Member – Principal Young Leader $0
Peggy Sanchez-RiverRock Real Estate, Co-Chair
Ashley Trexler-Irvine Company Office Properties, Co-Chair