Website LBA Realty
Reports To: Property Accounting Controller
Job Category: Exempt – Salaried
Travel Time: 5%
Position Type: Full- Time
Company & Position Overview
LBA Realty is a full‐service real estate investment and management company with a diverse portfolio of
office (approx 10 MSF) and industrial properties (over 50 MSF) in major markets throughout the United
States. We are a privately held company that was founded in 1991 and are comprised of approximately
190 employees. LBA Realty consists of several real estate investment funds with multiple investors
including endowments, foundations, pension funds and high net worth individuals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Co‐Manage Property Accounting team (Property Accountants and Revenue Accountants) ‐
approximately 12 people
- Responsible for training, assigning tasks and ensuring the team’s deadlines are met, assist in
- Lead team meetings, including coordination of agenda and communication of new processes
- Create procedures to continue to gain efficiency for processes and lead training sessions with
the Property Accounting and Operations team.
- Answer questions from property and revenue accountants to help them complete their monthly
and quarterly requirements as well as daily tasks.
- Manage the relationship between the regional operations group (Property Managers) and the
Property Accounting group.
- Coordinate monthly processes (ex: closing GL, CM, AP; payment of fees; preliminary and final
rent up and late fee processing; monthly calendar of deadlines to the field).
- Coordinate status of property accountants’ quarterly processes (ex: accruals, WIP reconciliation,
balance sheet leadsheets, variances).
- Coordinate the group’s responsibilities related to other processes which occur on a semi‐annual
or annual frequency (ex: reforecasts, budgets, CAM estimates, CAM reconciliations).
- Oversee the delivery of reporting packages to joint venture partners.
- Coordinate the group’s adherence to internal control policies.
- Review items prepared/reviewed by the property accountants (ex: wires, NOLTs, rental
- Review monthly deliverables and quarterly financial packages prepared by the property
- Lead the coordination with the external auditor regarding their interim internal controls testing
and interim/year end substantive property level testing.
- Manage the acquisitions/dispositions post‐close checklist process.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Accounting management team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- CPA or Commercial Property Accounting Experience.
- Must have 7 + years’ experience in Accounting, preferable commercial property accounting.
- Must have experience managing a team.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting required
email resume to Kristin Hillard, email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org