BOMA Members are welcomed and encouraged to apply for BOMA International’s Sustainability Scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded to five recipients who are emerging or veteran professionals working in sustainability to attend the BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo. The scholarship covers one full registration plus up to $1,000 to be used toward reimbursement of other associated conference costs (travel, hotel, etc.).
Eligible scholars will be current sustainability professionals or students with an interest in bringing their sustainability-minded goals and ideas to the commercial real estate industry to forward BOMA’s long-term objectives of energy efficiency and environmental stewardship. There is no age or experience limit; however, you cannot have attended the BOMA International Conference & Expo before. You do not have to be a BOMA member to be considered.
Successful applicants will submit an online application found online: no later than April 15, 2019.
Application submissions must contain:
1. Cover letter including full contact information and the following information:
• Why are you interested in the scholarship?
• What do you hope to learn/take back to your job in terms of new sustainability knowledge or applications?
• Is there any area that you think BOMA could enhance its sustainability offerings (education, trade show, networking, other)?
2. Letter of recommendation from their employer (no more than one page)
3. CV or resume highlighting sustainability projects or initiatives
4. Applicants may add an optional letter of recommendation from a BOMA local association (no more than one page)
Scholarship winners will receive a conference registration. Winners are responsible for making their own hotel and travel arrangements. The $1,000 stipend will be reimbursed as expenses occur and are submitted. Winners are required to attend the entire conference (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday), provide feedback to conference organizers on your experience and share a testimonial that can be used to promote future conferences. Winners will also be asked to help recruit the next year’s class of scholarship applicants.
Questions? Contact Emily Naden, Director of Federal Affairs, BOMA International, 202-326-6326, firstname.lastname@example.org.